- Minimum of four (4) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in accounting, auditing or related field.
- Associate's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field preferred and may be substituted for a maximum of one (1) year experience. Bachelor's degree in the above named filed may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong ability to work independently and be highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Proficient at applying accounting/finance skills when completing projects and procedures.
- Capable of monitoring/completing several projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft Financial application preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications: Excel, Word and Power Point preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse teams and build strong relationships across a range of functional areas.
- Strong and effective verbal communicator, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work situations and priorities; to meet schedules and deadlines of the work unit
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; to follow oral and written instructions and procedures; to conduct research and to review data; and to work independently as well as in diverse team
- Exercise good judgement and focus on detail as required by the job
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU/RL-16
Hours per week: 35
The City of Boston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Therefore, qualified applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category.
All City of Boston employees must comply with the City of Boston's COVID-19 Policies. To read more about those policies, please click here for more information.