- At least 4 (four) years full time or equivalent part time office experience. Successfully completed education at a recognized non-degree granting business school beyond high school may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience. A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding veterans’ benefits, wartime service and awards, and alternative public assistance laws. In addition to administering public assistance benefits under M.G.L. Chapter 115, the Veterans’ Benefits Specialist shall also assist veterans in processing and obtaining federal benefits such as and not limited to compensation and pension
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and courteously with the general public various governmental agencies.
- Applicant must possess strong computer skills and have proficient knowledge and experience using Google applications (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar) and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook and Excel programs).
- Veteran status preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job..
Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information (CORI) check with the City of Boston.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU / RL-15
Hours per week: 35