- Four (4) years of transportation planning experience, of which at least two years must have been in a project management capacity. Project management experience should include contracting; managing scope, schedule, and budget; and managing risks and changes.
- A bachelor’s degree in city planning or related field preferred and may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience. The required project management experience may not be substituted.
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from concept to implementation strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of NACTO’s Transit, Street, and Urban Bikeway Design guides, MassDOT’s Separated Bike Lane Planning and Design Guide, Boston Complete Streets Guidelines, and familiarity with relevant MUTCD, AASHTO and FHWA guidelines.
- Demonstrated record working in multi-disciplinary outcome-oriented teams.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse range of public agencies, private consultants and community groups.
- Proven research, writing, oral, and graphic presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with GIS mapping, graphic design, data analysis and maintenance and website development.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SENA/MM1-6
Hours per week: 35
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The City of Boston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Therefore, qualified applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category.
The City of Boston encourages AmeriCorps alumni, Peace Corps alumni, and veterans.