- Minimum five plus (5+) years of experience working with Microsoft SQL database systems required.
- Bachelor of Science with a concentration in computer science, information systems, information security, math, engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial), or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent work experience preferred
- Three plus (3+) years of relevant business and working experience are required to ensure tasks are completed without supervision.
- Two plus (2+) years of strong experience in a Microsoft Windows environment and the ability to document systems engineering efforts.
- Microsoft SQL DBA experience with HA\DR features like SQL Failover clustering, AlwaysOn, and log shipping.
- Experience designing Microsoft SQL database architecture, logical and physical, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, T-SQL programming, backup & recovery, monitoring, and database and query tuning.
- Knowledge of database-related technologies: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Agent, SSIS, and SSRS.
- Knowledge of other database systems (Oracle, MYSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus.
- Azure & AWS experience.
- Strong technical aptitude with a passion to learn about enterprise IT and IS best practices.
- Experience working with Linux environment.
- Experience identifying database requirements, and designing proposed systems.
- Experience designing solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Experience maintaining database performance by calculating optimum values for server configurations, implementing new releases, completing maintenance requirements, and evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- End-user support experience including training, and problem-solving.
- Current professional and technical certifications are a plus.
- Ability to multitask, nimbleness, and highly functional within a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on details as required by the job.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SENA/MM1-10
Hours per week: 35
The City of Boston is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. The City provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.