This is a provisional appointment.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Under the guidance of the Director of Mayor’s Office of Food Access and in collaboration with the Health and Humans Services’ Communication Director, the Community Engagement and Communications Director for the Office of Food Access (OFA) is responsible for:
(1) Preparing proactive messaging and educational materials to connect Boston residents with food resources,
(2) Designing communications campaigns that address food insecurity and its attached stigma
(3) Positioning the Mayor and OFA as thought leaders on Food Security issues in the media,
(4) Keeping partners and Boston residents inform about policy changes that have an impact on food security,
(5) Supporting and elevating OFA and partner organization’s work on food security, and
(6) Effectively communicating the Mayor’s Food Access Agenda, his administration’s accomplishments, and any other OFA initiatives to our city’s residents.
Boston Residency Required
Hours per week: 35