- At least two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience working with high-risk and proven-risk youth and families in a community based setting required.
- A bachelor's degree in criminal justice, social or human services or relevant field may be substituted for the required experience.
- Understanding of trends and culture that contribute to violence, particularly community and gang violence.
- Willingness to work on the street and in other unstructured settings is required.
- Ability to work with proven-risk youth and young adults.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to de-escalate situations and maintain professional demeanor in stressful situations required.
- Ability to build trust and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to collect and enter information and complete necessary forms.
- Able to walk 30 blocks or more on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must have and maintain a valid MA Driver's license preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
C.O.R.I and S.O.R.I check required.
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday 1pm-9pm
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Salary Plan-Grade: SEIU/CC-10
Hours Per Week: 35