Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Staff Assistant performs organizational and administrative functions for the Office of Fair Housing and Equity, enabling the Office to fulfill its mission to ensure fair and equitable access to housing for all residents of Boston.
At least two (2) years of full time, or equivalent part-time, office management or administration
FHE Executive Assistant Job Description | 2
Updated December 2017
● Strong organizational skills; detail oriented with strong time management and data entry skills
● Strong oral and written communication skills required.
● Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Office, Windows and Google suite required.
● Ability to maintain confidential files; to coordinate activities; and to prepare minutes,
correspondence, reports and statistics as required.
● Ability to create timelines and meet deadlines, exercise initiative, work independently and as
part of a team.
● Ability to organize and complete work according to established procedures and timelines.
● Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
THIS POSITION IS TEMPORARY AND GRANT FUNDED FOR 1 YEAR WITH BENEFITS.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: Nonunion/G-17
Hours per week: 35