Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
The Mayor’s Office for Immigrant Advancement (MOIA) works to strengthen the ability of immigrants and Boston’s diverse cultural and linguistic communities to fully participate in the economic, civic, social, and cultural life of Boston. Under the direction of the Chief of Staff the Immigrant Integration Initiatives Manager will focus on building and managing teams of community, business, internal City of Boston staff, and other stakeholders to develop and implement high impact initiatives and policies that meet the needs of our city’s immigrants.
● Develops and manages teams/committees of stakeholders to drive strategic initiatives that advance policies and strengthen support of the immigrant communities (e.g. certification for foreign-born professionals committee or supports for immigrants in schools.)
● Coordinates and facilitates MOIA Advisory Board quarterly meetings.
● Acts as the MOIA liaison on committees and boards, including MOIA’s Language and Communication Access (LCA) Liaison within the City of Boston.
● Facilitates collaborations across city departments and coordinates with advocacy organizations, consulates, service providers, state and federal governmental offices to support the needs of the immigrant community.
● Organizes, coordinates and facilitates forums and conferences to identify and address key issues that impact the immigrant community.
● Supports Request for Proposals (RFP) process when relevant, by assisting with proposal outline, approach, scope of work.
● Prepares and delivers presentations on MOIA services at various settings as needed and approved by Senior Administration.
● Coordinates special projects as needed.
● Attends events, meetings, resources fairs, and press conferences as needed to represent MOIA.
● Participates in regular office responsibilities, including phone coverage and constituent services.
● Performs related duties as required.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Grade/Salary Plan: Nonunion/MO-7, $54,584-75,880
Hours per week: 35