- Applicants must have at least (A) ten (10) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in traffic engineering work, and (B) of which at least six (6) years must have been in a professional capacity, and (C) of which four (4) years must have been in a supervisory capacity, or (D) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
- A bachelor's degree or higher with a major in traffic or civil engineering may be substituted for a maximum of two (2) years of the required (A) experience. A graduate degree with a major in traffic or civil engineering may be substituted for a maximum of three (3) years of the required (A) experience and (1) year of the required (B) experience. Education toward a degree will be pro-rated on the basis of degree requirements completed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the MUTCD and current transportation technologies and traffic modeling and forecasting methods.
- Ability to develop, articulate, and build support for transportation policy priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment in planning, directing, and coordinating projects.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and focus on detail as required by the job.
Massachusetts Registered Professional Engineer.
Must have and maintain a current Massachusetts driver's license.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: EXM/MM2-12
Hours per week: 35