Performs any and all phases of work in support of neighborhood programming and outreach services in library and non-library locations.
Branch Librarian or ranking staff member
As assigned, professional and support staff
1. Assists with day to day operations at the branch including programming at the branch and at off-site locations.
2. Initiates, develops, plans, and implements the Library’s programs of services to adults, young adults, and children as assigned through personal consultations, reference and readers’ advisory, outreach and programs at the branch and at off-site locations.
3. Works with administrators and staff at the branch to develop, deploy and support outreach services for all ages and to identify service populations in the neighborhood.
4. Collaborates with community groups, city agencies, non-profits, and others to bring high-quality programming and services out into the community. Offers library services and programs at non-library locations.
5. Communicates effectively with internal and external partners. Works with appropriate staff to procure materials necessary for successful programs. Facilitates payment for performers and presenters and manages program funds as assigned.
6. Provides professional staff support for outreach events at BPL locations and/or locations throughout the neighborhood.
7. Works with administration and branch staff to evaluate outreach services.
8. Provides instruction to patrons in the use of technology and library resources.
9. Responsible for the development of assigned book collections and manages the appropriate materials budget.
10. Recommends and/or plans changes in service or new services.
11. Assists in training professional and nonprofessional staff.
12. Works on public service desks as assigned.
13. Assumes responsibility for administering program funds, as assigned.
14. As assigned, represents the Library at local and national conferences.
15. Makes oral and written reports and presentations on activities at the branch and other non-library locations.
16. Actively participates in system wide committees, training, and other professional activities.
17. Represents the Library on city-wide and state-wide committees, as assigned.
18. Performs other related and comparable duties as assigned
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: PSA/P/2
Hours per week: 35