This is a provisional appointment.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION (essential functions of the job):
The Registry Division records, maintains and issues Boston marriage, birth and death vital records in accordance to Massachusetts laws and procedures.
- Under general supervision, performs work of moderate difficulty maintaining files and records; answers telephones and inquiries at the counter, responds to mail correspondence, and prepares forms, files and reports for processing.
- Operates standard office machines and equipment, maintains updated computer programs on vital statistics.
- Applicant must have at least three (3) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work or any equivalent combination of required experience and substitutions listed below.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a high volume office preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job preferred.
SUBSTITUTIONS: A diploma as evidence of graduation from the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical school may be substituted for a maximum of one (1) of the required experience. An Associate's degree from a recognized school may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU/RL-10