This is a Labor Service position.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Under general supervision, operates and has responsibility for special motor equipment, including Backhoe/Front Loader. Performs related work as required.
- Operates snow plow and salter/sanders and may supervise the work of the men involved in such cleaning operation.
- Operates wrecker trucks, earth movers and power shovels.
- Changes tires and batteries, and services and make adjustments and minor repairs to special motor equipment.
- May be responsible for the maintenance and care of a small number of pieces of equipment.
- May supervise the work of employees of lesser grade.
- Assists in burials and disinterments with necessary heavy equipment and performs other work as required.
- Two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in related work.
- Must have and maintain valid Massachusetts (CDL Class B) Driver's License throughout employment.
- Class "A" CDL preferred.
- Must possess all licenses required by Department of Public Safety to operate heavy motor equipment.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Hoisting License required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Knowledge of burial procedures preferred.
Must be able to work any assigned shift and any assigned location.
INDIVIDUALS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION MUST COMPLETE THE CIVIL SERVICE LABOR SERVICE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE POSITION AT http://www.mass.gov/hrd/macs in addition to completing the City of Boston Career Center application.
CORI CHECK REQUIRED.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: AFSCME/RA1-11L
Hours per week: 40