Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Project Manager is responsible for all appropriate project and program management activities in the Real Estate Management and Sales Division.
- Oversees projects, in coordination with other City and State agencies, through all stages of real estate development, from project inception through final completion, including community outreach, public approvals, permits, real estate closing, construction, and final occupancy.
- Researches property identified for disposition.
- Negotiates terms of sale and manages the property disposition process.
- Prepares, reviews, and advertises Request for Proposals (RFPs) and performs outreach to interested parties.
- Performs developer selection and negotiation.
- Coordinates with other city agencies when applicable.
- Ensures compliance with program, project and funding requirements, as well as, policy standards.
- Maintains project Salesforce records, prepares project status reports, prepares updates for the Director's tracking.
- Facilitates community meetings as required; presents information on proposals and receives input from the community.
- Monitors and reports on development activity of sold properties.
- Performs other related duties as required by the position.
- Performs related work as required.
- At least two (2) years experience involving real estate sales and/or program management.
- Real Estate license preferred.
- B.A or B.S preferred.
- Knowledge of public disposition regulations and process.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, and Access) strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated familiarity with Boston neighborhoods preferred.
- Good public speaking and meeting skills.
- Ability to conduct community meetings.
- Appropriate educational substitutions may be made.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU 888/N-21
Hours Per Week: 35